Fw: More on Egypt

  • George Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2011
      More on Egypt

      --- On Wed, 2/2/11, Harry Shafer <hshafer@...> wrote:

      From: Harry Shafer <hshafer@...>
      Subject: Fw: Interview with Dr. Ikram
      To: TXARCH-L@...
      Date: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 5:51 AM

      This is an eye-witness and update on the looting situation in Egypt sent to me by Nicholle Hirschfeld at Trinity University. Salima Ikram is her colleague in Classical Studies.  It is promising in that the general public and army have taken upon themselves to protect the antiquities given the information that some looting has occured.

      HJS

      Subject: Interview with Dr. Ikram

      Some of you remember my colleague and friend Salima Ikram, who spoke to us about animal mummies last year. She reports on the antiquities situation on Egypt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ2KOTogYho&feature=youtube_gdata_player