RE: [SACC-L] My regrets concerning Ellen Johnson

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 10, 2011
      I agree Chuck...Barry said what I was feeling about her also...but better...thanks Barry.

      Mark Lewine

      _____

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 21, 2011
        Chuck,
        I just wanted to double check to see if the arrangements forwarded from COD are still correct. Service tomorrow in Naperville at the Unitarian Church at 2 for Ellen?
        I am trying to get there,
        Pat

        With your permission, I am going to quote some of your comments for an
        obit on Ellen.

        Chuck Ellenbaum

        On Jan 6, 2011, at 9:57 AM, Barry wrote:

        > Hello friends and colleagues in SACC,
        > I would like to express my regrets and sense of loss about the
        > recent passing of Ellen Johnson. I remember her very fondly from the
        > numerous SACC conferences I attended in earlier years, at which I
        > always looked forward to seeing her, conversing with her, and
        > enjoying her great smile and spirit, which I always thought harbored
        > a true spirit of anthropological knowledge and adventure, and a
        > passion for teaching and education. One a personal note, I remember
        > Ellen as a great lover of dance and the arts, and especially all of
        > the beautiful native jewelry she would wear. She was one of the
        > early founders/supporters of SACC, and I will recall her as a warm
        > and friendly person, and an inspirational and creative educator and
        > anthropologist. I think that she was one of those people who has
        > left the world a bit of a better place through all of the lives she
        > touched as an educator, friend and colleague. Ellen will know what I
        > mean when I bid farewell with "Happy Trails to You".

      • Chuck & Gail Ellenbaum
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 25, 2011
          Pat

          Sorry I did not get back to you in time. I don't check my email
          every day. Best way of contact is through my cell (630-404-1261) by
          call or text. Hope al is going well with you and yours. Ellen's
          death has been a shock.

          Chuck ><>

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 25, 2011
            No problem Chuck, I was able to come with Vickie Giambrone and sit with
            Vickie Root. It was a wonderful turn-out for Ellen.
            Best wishes,