SACC Profiles

    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
      Dear SACC Members,

      I would like to encourage you to send in your profiles for the SACC website - and photographs of yourselves as well, if you wish. I came across our former website on the Internet and compared it with our current one and noticed a few of the profiles didn't get transferred over to our new site nor did any photographs. I believe the profile page is up-to-date now with photographs included. I've emailed one person whose photograph I am unable to copy from the earlier site. I hope the SACC board and officers will seriously consider submitting their profiles. Here is the link to the profile page http://saccweb.net/?page_id=41

      By the way, we received 5 student papers and the Awards Committee will make a decision within the next couple of weeks. Ann

      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
        Thanks for making the photo transfer, Ann. Just a thought. One of us with a digital camera could offer to take portrait photos of anyone at the next SACC meeting for inclusion on the member page. That may help simplify the process for some members.

        Deborah

        I would like to encourage you to send in your profiles for the SACC website - and photographs of yourselves as well, if you wish. I came across our former website on the Internet and compared it with our current one and noticed a few of the profiles didn't get transferred over to our new site nor did any photographs. I believe the profile page is up-to-date now with photographs included. I've emailed one person whose photograph I am unable to copy from the earlier site. I hope the SACC board and officers will seriously consider submitting their profiles. Here is the link to the profile page http://saccweb.net/?page_id=41

        By the way, we received 5 student papers and the Awards Committee will make a decision within the next couple of weeks. Ann

      • Laura Gonzalez
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
          That's a great idea. I'd be happy to do it.

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
            Laura, if you have more immediate access to the web site, then you are probably the best person. I expect to be there with my camera, too, in case that is useful information.

            Deborah

            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
              Yes, I too like the idea, Deborah, and will have my digital camera handy.

              Let's also remember that with our shiny new digital facilities, we can do things like make photo collages from conferences to include in TASN or elsewhere on our website (with subjects' permissions, of course, and as long as the displays don't look like high school yearbooks), as well as include them in our writings where relevant.

              Lloyd

              On Jan 7, 2011, at 12:22 PM, Deborah Shepherd wrote:

              > Laura, if you have more immediate access to the web site, then you are probably the best person. I expect to be there with my camera, too, in case that is useful information.
              >
              > Deborah

            • Bob Muckle
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
                I vote for whoever has the photo software that could be used to make me look slimmer and younger and wiser to take the photos.

                Bob

                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
                  I can do slimmer (squeeze horizontally) and younger (a nice Gaussian blur or Smart Blur) in PhotoShop, but I don't know if I can help you with wiser attributes.

                  Deb

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
                    Who should a photograph be sent to? Now that I'm retired, I'll need to re-do
                    my profile while I'm at it.

                    frank

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
                      Send it to me, Frank. kauppa@...<mailto:kauppa@...>
                      Your syllabi are up too. Should I remove your school then next to your name? Ann

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
                        Some more thoughts on the website and conference activities:

                        Maybe we should set aside a small meeting time in Omaha (or tack it onto another existing meeting) for making plans for digital projects such as the collages Lloyd mentions. That would be easier than trying to grab people when we see them.

                        If we need people to sign permissions, we could set up the necessary forms on one of the tables in the conference room. If we don't know who we need to have sign, we could ask for blanket permissions from anyone willing to give one. Of course, no unflattering or unprofessional photos would ever be posted!

                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
                          Me too...and I will also send syllabi and modify profile...cleaning out
                          my office now of the remnants of 40 years! The college archivist wants
                          some of my files! I am a relic already!

                          Message 12 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
                            Good idea. I wonder if many others would be interested in this. Re. permission, in the past, a simple email response to my email requesting permission is sufficient. The AN editors also accept that for both photos and quotes. In addition, they ask me for photo credits, i.e., "photo by..." or "photo courtesy of ..."

                            On Jan 7, 2011, at 1:20 PM, Deborah Shepherd wrote:

                            > Some more thoughts on the website and conference activities:
                            >
                            > Maybe we should set aside a small meeting time in Omaha (or tack it onto another existing meeting) for making plans for digital projects such as the collages Lloyd mentions. That would be easier than trying to grab people when we see them.
                            >
                            > If we need people to sign permissions, we could set up the necessary forms on one of the tables in the conference room. If we don't know who we need to have sign, we could ask for blanket permissions from anyone willing to give one. Of course, no unflattering or unprofessional photos would ever be posted!

                          • Chuck & Gail Ellenbaum
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
                              This is a great idea. I would like to recommend that in Omaha, we
                              honor Ellen and any other SACC folks who may have died since our last
                              meeting.

                              Chuck Ellenbaum

                              On Jan 7, 2011, at 12:15 PM, Deborah Shepherd wrote:

                              > Thanks for making the photo transfer, Ann. Just a thought. One of us
                              > with a digital camera could offer to take portrait photos of anyone
                              > at the next SACC meeting for inclusion on the member page. That may
                              > help simplify the process for some members.
                              >
                              > Deborah

                            • Rebecca Cramer
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
                                Hi Ann,
                                Here's a picture for my profile, thanks for working on this.
                                Rebecca

                                ==============
                                Rebecca Cramer
                                missiontosonora@...
                                http://rcramer.web.arizona.edu

                                Message 15 of 18 , Jan 10, 2011
                                  Wonderful idea, Chuck.

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jan 10, 2011
                                    Thanks, Rebecca. It’s up. Ann

                                    missiontosonora@...<mailto:missiontosonora%40yahoo.com>
                                    http://rcramer.web.arizona.edu

                                    I would like to encourage you to send in your profiles for the SACC website - and photographs of yourselves as well, if you wish. I came across our former website on the Internet and compared it with our current one and noticed a few of the profiles didn't get transferred over to our new site nor did any photographs. I believe the profile page is up-to-date now with photographs included. I've emailed one person whose photograph I am unable to copy from the earlier site. I hope the SACC board and officers will seriously consider submitting their profiles. Here is the link to the profile page http://saccweb.net/?page_id=41

                                    By the way, we received 5 student papers and the Awards Committee will make a decision within the next couple of weeks. Ann

                                  • Barry Kass
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jan 10, 2011
                                      Hi Ann,
                                      Attached is a photo of me which you can use for the member profiles
                                      section of the
                                      SACC website. Also, please change my e-mail address
                                      to:barry.kass@... <to%3Abarry.kass@...>
                                      Hope all is well and happy new year!
                                      Barry

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Jan 10, 2011
                                        Barry, we can't receive attachments from the listserve. Can you email me directly at kauppa@... and I'll be glad to add your photo, of all people you ought to have one online. In the meantime, I'll change your email address. Thanks. Ann