FW: New French journal for students-researchers

  • Ann Popplestone
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 1999
      From: Aymes Marc [SMTP:aymes@...]
      Sent: Thursday, April 15, 1999 11:07 AM
      To: ANTHRO-L@...
      Subject: New French journal for students-researchers

      Hello everybody,
      This is a message from France (apologies for the possible
      mistakes, my English is far from being perfect), where a brand new
      journal, named Labyrinthe, is born. What is Labyrinthe ? It is published
      by Maisonneuve et Larose, a french academic publisher. The journal
      publishes studies written by young researchers (up to Ph.D included),
      whatever the matter they study. As a matter of fact, Labyrinthe is
      interdisciplinary : we try to publish articles on a same theme from
      various points of view. In the long term, our final objective is to
      publish collective articles, written by several authors who would have met
      thanks to the journal and to the association that is behind it. Moreover,
      the journal aims at being as well a scientific one, based on well-grounded
      research works, as a journal for the general public (which implies a
      relative popularization of the purpose). Basically the journal is a
      French-speaking one, but translation of foreign contributions may easily
      be contemplated.
      Personally, I am more particularly in charge of historical
      contributions, in the broad sense of the term. If you are interested, or
      think someone you know would be, please do not hesitate to contact me. I
      will give you any further information you may demand.
      Hope to hear from you soon.

      Marc AYMES
      92, bd Jourdan
      75014 PARIS