RE: [SACC-L] FW: 2010 online trends ppt

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 30, 2010
      Well, that was amusing. Scary, too. Way too much social networking--maybe that has something to say about how lonely and alienated (channeling Max Weber) we feel in this overpopulated world. Justin Bieber sings. He was discovered on Youtube--I think he is the first major star to rise via that route though many others are trying. It's probably only a matter of time before he tries to act.

      Happy New Year to all, from me, as well.

      ________________________________
      From: Lloyd Miller <lloyd.miller@...<mailto:lloyd.miller%40mchsi.com>>
      To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com<mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 12:07 PM

      Thanks, Ann. I looked at this, but even I was surprised how little of it I was familiar with, and more so, how little I cared. I had heard the name Justin Beiber (Bieber?), and knew he was a kid, but didn't and still don't know what he does to attract attention (Sing? Dance? Act?).

      I guess this all means that I'm truly of another generation and am no longer interested in keeping up with youth, what's popular (cool, in, or trendy). My grandsons (7 and 5) are into dragons, Star Wars and Harry Potter, so I'll settle for that and try to keep up with their inevitably changing interests.

      Perhaps I will become a boring old curmudgeon to many, but I hope not. Since I know I can Google anything I want to know about, I keep much less in my head than before. However, there's still more in it than on my calendar, and I'm becoming pretty skillful at blowing off what I can't control and wanting less to control what I can.

      Happy New Year to you and to SACCers everywhere, and my hopes that y'all in Southern California be dry and get relief soon from that horrible weather you've been having.

      Lloyd

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2011
        I made myself see the movie "Social Network" and it was superb - the acting, screenplay, and music. Another movie I highly recommend is the documentary Inside Job, well narrated by Matt Damon. Explains the 2008 financial meltdown. A must see!