FW: 2010 online trends ppt

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 30, 2010
      For those of you interested in social media trends.

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 30, 2010
        Thanks, Ann. I looked at this, but even I was surprised how little of it I was familiar with, and more so, how little I cared. I had heard the name Justin Beiber (Bieber?), and knew he was a kid, but didn't and still don't know what he does to attract attention (Sing? Dance? Act?).

        I guess this all means that I'm truly of another generation and am no longer interested in keeping up with youth, what's popular (cool, in, or trendy). My grandsons (7 and 5) are into dragons, Star Wars and Harry Potter, so I'll settle for that and try to keep up with their inevitably changing interests.

        Perhaps I will become a boring old curmudgeon to many, but I hope not. Since I know I can Google anything I want to know about, I keep much less in my head than before. However, there's still more in it than on my calendar, and I'm becoming pretty skillful at blowing off what I can't control and wanting less to control what I can.

        Happy New Year to you and to SACCers everywhere, and my hopes that y'all in Southern California be dry and get relief soon from that horrible weather you've been having.

        Lloyd

        On Dec 30, 2010, at 9:22 AM, Kaupp, Ann wrote:

        > For those of you interested in social media trends.

      • Philip Stein
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 30, 2010
          I'm with you Lloyd. I've given up on keeping up with the trendy--although I never really was. However, I'm thankful for my grandson who keeps me in the loop to a degree. (The whole family is playing Frontierville!)
          The rain hasn't been bad at all where I live. Plus we've had the common sense not to build a home at the base of a mountain that any beginning geologist would tell you is prone to mudslides. (I'm still amazed by people's lack of analytical skills.) But is has been cold--down into the 40s at night. (I just had to get that in!)
          Wishing everyone a great 2011!

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 30, 2010
            Great to hear from you, Phil. I too have always wondered why people build in the paths of mudslides. They must be related to the folks here in the Midwest who build along the banks of rivers that overflow every few years.

            And the 40s--my, my! Right now, it's slightly above 50, sunny and breezy, feels like mid-March. However, tomorrow we're promised falling temps into the single digits with a "rain-snow mix" while it happens.

            2011's gotta be better!

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 30, 2010
              Well, that was amusing. Scary, too. Way too much social networking--maybe that has something to say about how lonely and alienated (channeling Max Weber) we feel in this overpopulated world. Justin Bieber sings. He was discovered on Youtube--I think he is the first major star to rise via that route though many others are trying. It's probably only a matter of time before he tries to act.

              Happy New Year to all, from me, as well.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 3, 2011
                I made myself see the movie "Social Network" and it was superb - the acting, screenplay, and music. Another movie I highly recommend is the documentary Inside Job, well narrated by Matt Damon. Explains the 2008 financial meltdown. A must see!