FW: Studies on Man - One Recent Title (fwd)
FW: Studies on Man - One Recent Title (fwd)
From: Hugh W. Jarvis [mailto:hjarvis@...]
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2000 10:04 AM
Subject: Studies on Man - One Recent Title (fwd)
Another book from India. Details below. Hugh
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 09:12:44 +0500
From: k.k.agencies <kkagen@...>
Here is a great work, just published, which could be of interest to you.
We have a **special discounted price shown in our offer against 'Your
Price' applicable on all orders reaching us till 30 September 2000**. Also,
we _make all shipments by registered AIRMAIL with no additional charges_.
You may give a reference to this bulletin while ordering. For ordering
details please refer at the end.
Bhasin, M. K.,
Studies on Man : Issues and Challenges / Edited by M. K. Bhasin. 1st ed.
Delhi, Kamla-Raj Enterprises. 2000. xii, 318 p. ills. maps. 25 cm.
List Price: $ 50 Your Price: $ 45
ISBN: 8185264244 KK-10933
Consisting of twenty three - papaers contributed by faculty members of the
Department of Anthropology, University of Delhi, Delhi, India, this book
documents the enourmous diversity and varied aspects of anthropological
research in India. Each dealing with a specific domain, these articles are
integrated by the fact that they address to the issues and challanges
confronting contemporary human populations. Not only does this book mirror
the anthropological researches in one of the premier Anthropology
Department in India, but also advances several theoretical and
methodological dimensions of current interst.
Preface / Indera P. Singh
1. Behavioural Determinants of Rhesus Monkeys / Praveen Kumar Seth
2. Anthropology in Prehistoric Archaeology: The Indian Scene / D. K.
3. 'Writing' in Space : An Interpretation of Prehistoric Mortuary Practices
in the Central Ganga Valley / Indrani Chattopadhyaya
4. Biology of Castes and Tribes of India : Genetic Markers-Colour Blindness
and Taste Sensitivity / M. K. Bhasin
5. Demogenetic Diversity : Kashmiri Pandits in Retrospect and Their
Socio-biological Diversity / A. K. Kalla
6. Human Adaptation to High Altitude : Body Proportion Analysis Using
Phantom Model / S. L. Malik
7. Body Composition and Adaptation : Variations in Relative Fatness and
Regional Distribution of Body Fat at High Altitude and in Plains: A Study
on Adult Females / Satwanti Kapoor
8. Bio-Statistical Approaches : Origin and the Parental Affinities of the
Populations / Gautam Kumar Kshatriya
9. Human Population Genetics : Genetic Affinity Among Caste and Tribal
Populations of India / A. K. Kapoor
10. Human Genetics: Multiple Births : Twins, Rare Type of Twins, Siamese
Twins, Super Twins and Multiple Births / H. K. Kumbnani
11. Serum Proteins and Diseases : A Qualitative and Quantitative Approach /
12. Dermatoglyphics and Diseases : Finger-ball Dermatoglyphics and primary
(Idiopathic) Generalised Epilepsy / P. R. Mondal
13. Applied Biological Anthropology : Reconstruction of Tibial Length and
Stature from Fragmentary Dimensions / Surinder Nath
14. Forensic Biochemical Anthropology : Genetic Markers in Blood and Semen
Stains / M. P. Sachdeva
15. DNA Damage and Cancer : Sister Chromatid Exchanges in Betel and Tobacco
Chewers and Tobacco Smokers / P. K. Ghosh
16. Socio-cultural Adaptations in Cold Deserts / Veena Bhasin
17. Environment Ecology and Culture Paradigms : Case of Ladakhi Tribe / R.
18. Cultural Homogeneity and Economic Disparity : A Case of Discriminatory
Approach in Social Transformation / J. S. Bhandari
19. The Emergence of an Ethnic Identity : The Case Study of the "Gorkhali"
of Garhwal, Uttar Pradesh / Subhadra Mitra Channa
20. Islamization and Muslim Identity : The Case of Meos / I. S. Marwah
21. Dharma and Karma : Dharma: Purity and Pollution, Karma: Pun and Pap /
V. C. Channa
22. Social Anthropology of Pastoral Nomads : The Raika Jati and Its Dharmic
Order / Vinay Kumar Srivastava
23. Tribe and Displacement : Social Implications of Rehabilitation / S. M.
M. K. Bhasin is Professor and Head, Department of Anthropology, University
of Delhi, Delhi.
Price indicated is in US dollars.
Libraries & institutions may straight raise their purchase orders thru our
website, e-mail, fax or post and pay routinely after receipt of materials &
their corresponding invoices.
Individual orders may be pre-paid conveniently thru their personal checks
drawn in US dollars (or any other equivalent currency) favouring
<K.K.AGENCIES> and while so doing kindly put title/s together, so that a
one time order totals upto US $ 20.
Our comprehensive catalog can be browsed at <www.kkagencies.com>.
We at KK are dedicated to making your experience with us more enjoyable and
With kind regards,
K. R. Mittal E-mail: kkagen@...
K. K. Agencies info@...
Online Store of Indian Publications Website: www.kkagencies.com
H-12 Bali Nagar Fax: (+0091/11)5412716
New Delhi-110015 / India Phone: (+0091/11)5465925
>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the command <<<<<<
>>>>>> UNSUB ANTHRO-L to LISTSERV@... . <<<<<<