RE: [SACC-L] Intro to Anthropology course & Physical Anthro

  • dianne.chidester@gvltec.edu
    Message 1 of 46 , Dec 2, 2010
      Y'all keep all of this in mind because we may be using your ideas about teaching evolution for a session at the 2011 AAA meetings in Montreal. We'd love to have SACCers be the ones presenting papers and leading discussion.

      I've kind of proposed a title for the session: "Teaching Evolutionary Ideas: Not Buckling in the Bible Belt"

      Cheers?
      Dianne

      Dianne Lynn Chidester, Assistant Professor
      Anthropology & Sociology
      Greenville Technical College
      P.O. Box 5616 MS 1042
      Greenville, SC  29607

      864-250-8729

      "You've got to be taught to hate and fear
      You've got to be taught from year to year
      It's got to be drummed in your dear little ear
      You've got to be carefully taught"
      --Rodgers & Hammerstein South Pacific

      Message 46 of 46 , Jan 2, 2011
        How difficult for the family to have to cope with this situation halfway around the globe. I wish them well, and despite the poor prognosis, I wish her and her family strength. It is alarming that a search on Khrasnovarsk in Siberia does not produce any results in Google, but I do not know Russian and cannot interpret another spelling. I hope that their hospital has facilities.We "outsiders" can be surprised by what actually exists in Siberia.

        Deborah