Re: [SACC-L] Intro to Anthropology course

  • Katrina Worley
    Message 1 of 46 , Dec 2, 2010
      I've noticed the same thing. The last couple of semesters when I've given the "you signed up for this course having read the description, right?" part of the introduction, I've had a decrease in the number of students who get up and walk out... The genetics and evolutionary theory part seems to garner less resistance than previous years. It may be partly the popularity of the CSI types of television shows- "genetics" and "science" are becoming more mainstream entertainment, so there may be a bit of a halo effect. I'm just hoping that the trend continues.

      Katrina

      Katrina Worley
      kworley@...
      --
      History: special people in special places at special times
      Anthropology: everyone else the rest of the time.

      Message 46 of 46 , Jan 2, 2011
        How difficult for the family to have to cope with this situation halfway around the globe. I wish them well, and despite the poor prognosis, I wish her and her family strength. It is alarming that a search on Khrasnovarsk in Siberia does not produce any results in Google, but I do not know Russian and cannot interpret another spelling. I hope that their hospital has facilities.We "outsiders" can be surprised by what actually exists in Siberia.

        Deborah