RE: [SACC-L] Intro to Anthropology course

  • Patricia Hamlen
    Message 1 of 46 , Dec 1, 2010
      Here at Harper we offer Introduction to Anthropology and it is one of
      our most popular courses, of course we are also offer Cultural
      Anthropology and Archaeology. We also offer Peoples and Cultures of
      Meosoamerica and Native Americans along with a few other less offered
      electives. So we have a fairly good program. Text books for the intro
      class are still easily available and there are some good comprehensive
      ones as well. Problems have been finding adjuncts that can teach 5
      weeks of human origins as most identify themselves as cultural
      anthropologists and do not have a background in physical. Just my
      experience...

      Message 46 of 46 , Jan 2 8:06 PM
        How difficult for the family to have to cope with this situation halfway around the globe. I wish them well, and despite the poor prognosis, I wish her and her family strength. It is alarming that a search on Khrasnovarsk in Siberia does not produce any results in Google, but I do not know Russian and cannot interpret another spelling. I hope that their hospital has facilities.We "outsiders" can be surprised by what actually exists in Siberia.

        Deborah