Re: [SACC-L] Intro to Anthropology course

  • Sydney Hart
    Message 1 of 46 , Dec 1, 2010
      At the City Colleges of Chicago, we have an Intro. course that's a 4-fields course, Cultural Anthropology, Physical Anthropology, and Archaeology as 3 separate courses. However, we really only teach the Cultural Anthro. course.

      Sydney

      Sydney Hart, Ph.D.
      Co-Chair, Social Sciences Department
      Assistant Professor, Sociology, Anthropology, and Global Studies
      Wilbur Wright College
      4300 North Narragansett Avenue
      Chicago, Illinois 60634
      >>> Lloyd Miller <lloyd.miller@...> 12/01/10 10:44 AM >>>
      A retired anthropologist friend from a state university told me that except for the U of Illinois, the top-ranked university programs are abandoning the intro course and asked if community colleges are doing the same.

      Does anyone have a handle on this? My impression is that the intro course is still central to CC anthro curricula, but I've been away too long to know.

      Message 46 of 46 , Jan 2, 2011
        How difficult for the family to have to cope with this situation halfway around the globe. I wish them well, and despite the poor prognosis, I wish her and her family strength. It is alarming that a search on Khrasnovarsk in Siberia does not produce any results in Google, but I do not know Russian and cannot interpret another spelling. I hope that their hospital has facilities.We "outsiders" can be surprised by what actually exists in Siberia.

        Deborah