Re: [SACC-L] Intro to Anthropology course

  • Katrina Worley
    Message 1 of 46 , Dec 1, 2010
      To my knowledge, we've never taught a 3/4 field "Intro to Anthropology" course, and I don't think it's ever been a part of the curriculum at most CCs in California. One of my textbook reps mentioned that it's not something that they sell many books for in the Western states. We tend towards "intro to physical", "intro to cultural", "intro to archaeology", and "intro to linguistics".

      Katrina Worley
      kworley@...
      --
      History: special people in special places at special times
      Anthropology: everyone else the rest of the time.

      Message 46 of 46 , Jan 2, 2011
        How difficult for the family to have to cope with this situation halfway around the globe. I wish them well, and despite the poor prognosis, I wish her and her family strength. It is alarming that a search on Khrasnovarsk in Siberia does not produce any results in Google, but I do not know Russian and cannot interpret another spelling. I hope that their hospital has facilities.We "outsiders" can be surprised by what actually exists in Siberia.

        Deborah