Southwest Social Science Association Meetings

  • mep1mep
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2010
      A long term colleague and close friend of mine is the incoming President of the
      Southwest Social Science Association.  He is a historian.  I understand that
      anthropology lacks a presence in the Association.  They would like a greater
      involvement from our type--no doubt, Betty White has inspired them to consider
      our possible "fun" contributions to their endeavors.  Okay, that was a weak joke
      but they do want an increased anthropology presence.

      Their annual meetings this year are in Las Vegas from March 16-19.  Being as my
      daughter is off at University and I am on the consequent limited budget, all my
      travel is limited to my $850 allotment from my college.  He has assured me that
      the hotel and travel are cheap, therefore, I have agreed to solicit any and all
      anthropology participation.  I am willing to coordinate, participate in, and do
      the leg work for any panel any one wants to propose.  If any one has any
      interest, please let me know, through replying to this email or emailing me at
      pamela.maack@....

      If this link works, the conference is posted here:
      http://www.sssaonline.org/index.php/annual-meeting
       or here.

      Inducement?  Its Vegas, baby.  (You can't say I didn't try.)

      Pam