Pirate day

  • Bob Muckle
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 20, 2010
      Happy be-layed 'International Talk Like a Pirate Day' everybody. It was September 19th.

      Remember, it is talk like a pirate, and not act like a pirate.

      In honor of the day, I will be bringing it up in my classes this week. Specifically, how to recognize pirates in the archaeological record.

      Yo ho ho....and a bottle of.... Dead Guy Ale (from Rogue Brewery in Oregon).

      Bob (a.k.a. Dreaded Pirate Flint Roberts...my official pirate name bestowed upon me from some pirate web site).
    • Pam Ford
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 20, 2010
        Bob,

        I have a student whose last name is Arr. Don't you wish you could call
        roll in my class?

        Pam Ford

        Mt. San Jacinto College

        1499 N. State Street

        San Jacinto, CA 92583

        951.487.3725

      • Rebecca Cramer
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 20, 2010
          Alexander McCall Smith has several novels out called the Scotland Street series.
          One of the characters in the books is a quirky anthropologist who goes to the Malacca Straits to study the economic structure of contemporary pirate culture.

          I wanna do that.
          Beca

          Rebecca Cramer
          missiontosonora@...