RE: [SACC-L] White House Community College Summit

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 17, 2010
      Thank you for that.

      ________________________________
      From: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com [SACC-L@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of tadmci [tadm@...]
      Sent: Friday, September 17, 2010 3:41 PM
      To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [SACC-L] White House Community College Summit

      A colleague passed this information along to me and I thought it
      relevant to our larger community:
      "On October 5, 2010, Dr. Jill Biden will host the first ever White
      HouseSummit on Community Colleges. The summit is an opportunity for
      communitycolleges, faculty, businesses, policymakers, and students to
      discuss theimportance of community colleges in training the nation's
      evolvingworkforce, and their role in achieving the President's 2020
      collegecompletion goal. But you do not have to wait until the Summit to
      shareyour ideas with the White House. We want to hear your
      thoughts,questions and challenges. Take a few moments to submit your
      ideas andcomments in one of the six categories that we will be
      discussing at thesummit or vote on the ideas submitted by others. To
      learn more about theSummit visit
      http://www.whitehouse.gov/CommunityCollege
      <http://www.whitehouse.gov/CommunityCollege> ."
      More information is also found at:
      http://communitycollege.ideascale.com/
      <http://communitycollege.ideascale.com/>
      Tad McIlwraithAnthropology, Douglas CollegeNew Westminster, British
      Columbia