Rally to Restore Sanity - 10.30.10

  • Nikki Ives
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 17, 2010
      http://www.rallytorestoresanity.com/

      Nicole

    • Lynch, Brian M
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 17, 2010
        Originally it was being lobbied as a rally to restore truthiness, but I
        guess they settled on sanity. Not a bad choice. It will be interesting
        to see if it draws out truthiness people as well. Sounds like a
        venue for some anthropological observation.

        Brian

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 17, 2010
          Thanks for this, Nikki. I watched Stewart and Colbert last night as they introduced this and cleverly played off each other--"sanity" v. "truthiness." I may go.
          Lloyd

          On Sep 17, 2010, at 8:58 AM, Nikki Ives wrote:

          > http://www.rallytorestoresanity.com/
          >
          > Nicole

        • George Thomas
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 18, 2010
            I've been unable to catch breath, stop that uncontrollable rolling about on the floor, and generally straighten up since I read the first teaser on this Million Moderates March etc. etc.  Saving the nickels for other things, but I will be watching to see how it turns out.
            It would be amazing if someone could list some ideas/suggestions for anthropological observation.  Stewart&Colbert seem to have hit on several arguably anthropological points already in their teasers, and finally their gala "announcement(s)."  Great fun!

            There have been spin-offs already.  In response to Delaware's Christine O'Donnell, a group has planned yet another "event" featuring slogans and signs warning her (and other meddlers) to keep their "hands off" the right to.......   Anyway, municipal Washington DC authorities were "quoted" as estimating large expenditures to "clean up the mess."
            Ah, politics!

            Re: Rally to Restore Sanity - 10.30.10
                Posted by: "Lynch, Brian M" blynch@... bdlqvcc
                Date: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:46 am ((PDT))