RE: corrected version of Student Awards

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 11, 2010
      Should be 2011 in Omaha. I need a proofer. Sorry about this. Ann

      SACC Student Award for Academic Excellence

      Description: This prize recognizes excellence in student research, intellectual creativity, originality, and quality of writing. Papers will be evaluated by the SACC Review Committee.

      Prize: $200 and registration fee waived to attend SACC 2011 Annual Meeting in Omaha, NE.

      Level of Study: Undergraduate in a two or four year college

      Submission Information: Faculty must submit on behalf of undergraduate students (no more than two students) research papers that relate to one of the five fields of anthropology (archaeology, socio-cultural, biological, linguistics, or applied). Papers, sent as email attachments, should be no longer than 25 double-spaced pages. Faculty and students need not be SACC members. Papers must be submitted electronically.

      Application Submission Deadline: December 31, 2010

      Where: The winner will be announced at the SACC 2011 annual meeting in Omaha, Nebraska.

      Contact Information: Ann Kaupp, kauppa@...

      SACC Student Award for Creativity, Leadership,
      or Community Service

      Description: This prize recognizes an exceptional student who has made an outstanding contribution to the academic or local community by demonstrating creativity, leadership, or community service.

      Prize: $200 and registration fee waived to attend SACC 2011 Annual Meeting in Omaha, NE.

      Level of Study: Undergraduate in a two or four year college

      Submission Information: Faculty must submit a written recommendation, sent as an email attachment, of no more than five pages for an exceptional student who fits the above criteria. Faculty must be a member of SACC.

      Application Submission Deadline: December 31, 2010

      Where: The winner will be announced at the SACC 2011 annual meeting in Omaha, Nebraska.

      Contact Information: Ann Kaupp, kauppa@...

      P. Ann Kaupp, Head
      Anthropology Outreach Office
      National Museum of Natural History