RE: SACC Student Awards

  • Gilliland, Mary
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 9, 2010
      Thanks Ann. The registration fees, I take it, will be paid for Omaha?

      Mary Kay

    • lauratgonzalez
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 12, 2013
        Please consider submitting your students for our two SACC awards:

        STUDENT AWARD FOR ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE

        Description: This prize recognizes excellence in student research, intellectual creativity, originality, and quality of writing. Papers will be evaluated by the SACC Review Committee.

        Prize: $200 and registration fee waived to attend SACC 2010 Annual Meeting in San Francisco, CA.

        Level of Study: Undergraduate in a two or four year college

        Submission Information: Faculty must submit on behalf of undergraduate students (no more than two students) research papers that relate to one of the five fields of anthropology (archaeology, socio-cultural, biological, linguistics, or applied). Papers, sent as email attachments, should be no longer than 25 double-spaced pages. Faculty and students need not be SACC members. Papers must be submitted electronically.

        Application Submission Deadline: January 8, 2010

        STUDENT AWARD FOR CREATIVITY, LEADERSHIP, OR COMMUNITY SERVICE

        Description: This prize recognizes an exceptional student who has made an outstanding contribution to the academic or local community by demonstrating creativity, leadership, or community service.

        Prize: $200 and registration fee waived to attend SACC 2010 Annual Meeting in San Francisco, CA.

        Level of Study: Undergraduate in a two or four year college

        Submission Information: Faculty must submit a written recommendation, sent as an email attachment, of no more than five pages for an exceptional student who fits the above criteria. Faculty must be a member of SACC.

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 12, 2013
          We still have the prize as registration for 2010 meetings.

          Mary Kay Gilliland
          Sent from my iPhone

[...]

        • Laura Gonzalez
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 12, 2013
            Sorry! That's what I get for posting email during the conference... I just didn't want to forget. It should say for 2014, location TBA, and will be due January 2014.

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Apr 12, 2013, at 3:01 PM, "Gilliland, Mary" <mkgilliland@...> wrote:

            > We still have the prize as registration for 2010 meetings.
            >
            > Mary Kay Gilliland
            > Sent from my iPhone
            >
            > On Apr 12, 2013, at 11:59 AM, "lauratgonzalez" <ltgonzalez@...<mailto:ltgonzalez@...>> wrote:
            >

            > Please consider submitting your students for our two SACC awards:
            >
            > STUDENT AWARD FOR ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE
            >
            > Description: This prize recognizes excellence in student research, intellectual creativity, originality, and quality of writing. Papers will be evaluated by the SACC Review Committee.
            >
            > Prize: $200 and registration fee waived to attend SACC 2010 Annual Meeting in San Francisco, CA.
            >
            > Level of Study: Undergraduate in a two or four year college
            >
            > Submission Information: Faculty must submit on behalf of undergraduate students (no more than two students) research papers that relate to one of the five fields of anthropology (archaeology, socio-cultural, biological, linguistics, or applied). Papers, sent as email attachments, should be no longer than 25 double-spaced pages. Faculty and students need not be SACC members. Papers must be submitted electronically.
            >
            > Application Submission Deadline: January 8, 2010
            >
            > STUDENT AWARD FOR CREATIVITY, LEADERSHIP, OR COMMUNITY SERVICE
            >
            > Description: This prize recognizes an exceptional student who has made an outstanding contribution to the academic or local community by demonstrating creativity, leadership, or community service.
            >
            > Prize: $200 and registration fee waived to attend SACC 2010 Annual Meeting in San Francisco, CA.
            >
            > Level of Study: Undergraduate in a two or four year college
            >
            > Submission Information: Faculty must submit a written recommendation, sent as an email attachment, of no more than five pages for an exceptional student who fits the above criteria. Faculty must be a member of SACC.
            >
            > Application Submission Deadline: January 8, 2010

          • Beverly Bennett
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 12, 2013
              Hi,Laura,

              Did you get the rest of the committee together and decide on this?  Our last awards were student awards, so I'd expected us to offer the teacher award next.

              Thanks,
              Beverly

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 12, 2013
                Ok, clearly I got excited and posted information without contextualizing. We were talking about student awards at the conference and information was requested. I copied and pasted information from the website while in the business meeting. Please just take this as informational - more information about which award and when will be decided by Beverly and the awards committee when they meet.

                Sorry for any confusion!

                Sent from my iPhone

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 12, 2013
                  Thanks, Laura!

                  Beverly

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 13, 2013
                    Not a problem; we can sort it out. As for eating today, I will poll the crew.
                    Tim
                    Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
                    Professor of Anthropology
                    Richland College