RE: [SACC-L] Fw: The Science of Cougar Sex: Why Older Women Lust

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 11, 2010
      I thought it was funny that "some three-quarters" of the participants were recruited from Craigslist. Self-selection may well be a problem. It depends on how they advertised. Did they use the employment section and offer a cash payment for participation? That might be a better approach.

      I've also heard the explanation that older women are more confident that they *won't* get pregnant. Makes a lot of sense, too. I'm not too sure about this research design.

      Deborah

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 11, 2010
        but--according to this study--it's the pre-menopausal women in their 30's
        and 40's that were found to be the most sexual, not older women, who have
        less chance of becoming pregnant the closer they get to menopausal age...I,
        like you, have also always thought that menopausal women felt the freeest
        with their sexuality...

      • anthropmor@AOL.COM
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 11, 2010
          it also avoids social factors- such as why now has this become so muchmore common ( post WW2 - today) ?
          Or earlier - is this related to the grandmother hypothesis? Is this the soccial cement of sex?
          Mike Pavlik

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 11, 2010
            True. I also assumed when I started to read the article that the conclusion would promote increased female urges as a way of keeping families together. In fact, I'm sure I've heard that argument more than once.

            Very true about menopausal women having few or no worries of pregnancy, but once we are in our thirties, fertility levels do start to drop. I thought that was a natural change and not (just) due to modern environmental hormones.

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 11, 2010
              I thought that was a
              atural change and not (just) due to modern environmental hormones.

              I wasn't thinking of environmental hormones, so much as overall health - there are mler 40-50 year olds now, that are actually available , in large communities, etc.
              Mike Pavlik

              True. I also assumed when I started to read the article that the conclusion
              ould promote increased female urges as a way of keeping families together. In
              act, I'm sure I've heard that argument more than once.
              Very true about menopausal women having few or no worries of pregnancy, but once
              e are in our thirties, fertility levels do start to drop. I thought that was a
              atural change and not (just) due to modern environmental hormones.

              _______________________________
              rom: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com [SACC-L@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
              nthropmor@... [anthropmor@...]
              ent: Sunday, July 11, 2010 1:00 PM
              o: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
              ubject: Re: [SACC-L] Fw: The Science of Cougar Sex: Why Older Women Lust

              it also avoids social factors- such as why now has this become so muchmore
              ommon ( post WW2 - today) ?
              r earlier - is this related to the grandmother hypothesis? Is this the soccial
              ement of sex?
              ike Pavlik
              ubject: Re: [SACC-L] Fw: The Science of Cougar Sex: Why Older Women Lust
              but--according to this study--it's the pre-menopausal women in their 30's
              nd 40's that were found to be the most sexual, not older women, who have
              ess chance of becoming pregnant the closer they get to menopausal age...I,
              ike you, have also always thought that menopausal women felt the freeest
              ith their sexuality...

              atabase 5268 (20100710) __________
              http://www.eset.com