Looking for photographs for a textbook

  • Barry
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2010
      Hello SACC people,
      I am looking for photos for possible use in a leading textbook in Cultural Anthropology. Do you have any photos that would fit the following descriptions?

      CO 1 (CO being chapter opener so it HAS to be horizontal)
      Anthropologist interviewing a person in North America to illustrate the fact that such work is done in our own country and Canada, not just remote countries and villages. All people in photo should be in contemporary "American" type clothing.

      1-4 Applied anthropologist working with medical or educational program/organization in some developing country.

      1-5 Anthropologist working with/interviewing factory worker in East of Southeast Asia(China, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, etc. to show study of impact of globalization "from the bottom up" with learning from factory workers.

      CO 6 Somali women working the fields/farming.

      8-3 Na or Musuo children of Yunnan Province, China. Also wanted photo to show housing with second floor that accommodates "Walking Marriage" custom.

      CO 9 Southeast Asia extended family doing something together, not just standing as a group.

      9-2 Hopi Woman who looks like a leader or is well-respected.

      18-2 Something to do with medical anthropology.

      If you have such a photo (or photos) and want to send it to me for review, there is a chance that I could get it published for you and you can even earn some money. You would retain full copyright ownership of the photo. The images should be high quality, well composed, etc. required at most minor photoediting (cropping, etc.)
      You can initially send me the photo (s) as low-resolution images as an e-mail attachment, and, if the photo is selected for publication, then I would require a high resolution image from you, suitable for print publication.
      I need these photos right away, because of various deadlines regarding the publication of the textbook, and because I will be out of the country July 10-24. So if you have any photos which match the list, and you think they are worthy of publication, get in touch with me ASAP.
      Thanks,
      Barry
      Barry Kass
      Images of Anthropology
      www.imagesofanthropology.com
      ( former SACC president, for all of you newbies )
    • Johnson, Ellen C. K.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2010
        Barry, I assume that SE Asian family should be a recent photo? Mine would be too old. I did attend a wedding last year of a daughter of a Thai family, and have some photos, but the wedding was in MA, not in Thailand.
        Ellen J

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2010
          Hi Ellen,
          Thanks for responding--hope all is well with you and that life is putting
          a smile on your face.
          I'm not sure that the photo images have to be too recent--if you have any
          of an extended family in SE Asia "doing something" together, send me an
          image (s) for review.
          Regards,
          Barry

          On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 10:59 PM, Johnson, Ellen C. K. <Johnson@...