Pop Anth Magazine

  • Bob Muckle
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2010
      The second issue of that free on-line magazine "Popular Anthropology" is now out. It appears to be having some growing pains but I guess that can be expected given that it is done entirely by volunteer labor and most of those are students.

      I am the regular columnist with the beat of North America. My column in this issue is titled "On Beer, MIsconceptions, and The Return of Native American Skeletons."

      I think the way things work are that if you subscribe (for free) the magazine just gets sent to you by email, in which case you get a choice of opening it in a fancy dancy flash-flip format or a simple pdf. I think the plan is to archive the issues once a new one comes out (one every three months).

      If you want a copy of the magazine, but don't want to subscribe, I can send you a pdf if you send me an email.

      Ask soon though. I am leaving on a camping adventure around 10 a.m and July 02nd. Otherwise, it will have to wait a week or so.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2010
        That's great to hear, Bob. I have the URL for the archive somewhere and will find issue #2 tomorrow. I want you to know that I have already used two of the columns from the first issue in my summer online cultural and physical courses. The writing is really well suited for beginning students.

        I look forward to reading your new column.

        Deborah