Re: [SACC-L] Who is Geoffrey P. Hunt?

  • Julia Kirst
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2010
      The follow message was just sent by the anthropologists Geoffrey Hunt to me.
      He asks that it be posted on the list.

      --

      I have just been informed by Julia Kirst that on the SACC list my name has
      been associated with a scurrilous article that appeared in the publication

      The association of my name to this article has caused both myself and our
      Institute many problems and I would wish that all readers who subscribe to
      the list should know that I am not the author of the article. The author of
      the article is a business executive and not an anthropologist.

      I am a Social Anthropologist and senior scientist at the Institute of
      Scientific Analysis in San Francisco an independent non-profit academic
      research Institute established over 40 years ago.

      Disclaimers can be found on both our own Institute website and on the
      website of the American Thinker.

      Geoffrey Hunt

      On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 2:10 PM, George Thomas <broruprecht@...> wrote:

      > Speaking of delusional hopes that our friends and neighbors are not
      > simmering racists etc., there's a rather poisonous article circulating about
      > the Web in strong condemnation of Barack Obama's "failed" presidency, and
      > attributed to one Geoffrey P. Hunt, a social and cultural anthropologist
      > with the NIH and/or other assorted official-sounding agencies, and a
      > frequent writer for "American Thinker." One Google site mentioned that the
      > author is "not the same Geoffrey P. Hunt" as the one who is a "senior
      > scientist" with some institute of "Scientific Analysis." This one did not
      > identify either Hunt as an anthropologist. Something smells quite bogus
      > here, and the gratuitous smear directed at anthropology seems likewise.
      > Has anyone among us SACCers encountered this phenomenon?
      > George

      e-mail address anytime at the following address:
      http://groups.google.com/group/nasa-list/subscribe. You can also e-mail me
      directly if you are having difficulties with the link.

      To post or forward announcements of interest to the NASA list-serve, please
      e-mail nasa-list@... or jkirstnasa@....

      To visit the new NASA website, including the opportunities deadline
      calendar, go to www.studentanthropologists.org

      Julia Kirst, Ph.D. candidate, NASA Opportunities List Editor
      Anthropology Department
      Brandeis University
      Waltham, MA