Re: [SACC-L] Guest column: Only knowledge will change attitudes about race

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2010
      Gosh, Nikki, I didn't even read the comments until you mentioned them here, then I went and read them, and they infuriated me too.

      I do suspect, though, that these kinds of comments come from a small fringe of society--ignorant, fearful, resentful--that would not visit the RACE exhibit and have no idea what the columnists are talking about. At least I "hope" that these attitudes are no longer mainstream (and I hope that my hoping this is not delusional).

      Lloyd

      On Jun 30, 2010, at 3:11 PM, Nikki Ives wrote:

      > Thanks for sharing this, Lloyd. The comments below the article are not only infuriating (why do I read those???) but also demonstrate the real need for understanding the issue of "race" in our society!

    • George Thomas
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2010
        Thanks for passing on these two op-eds from the Des Moines R. just a few days apart.  Both were useful and constructive.  I usually check the public comments on such things, and this time I checked both.  All the comments appeared to come from what is perhaps a fringe of people energized by the prevailing poisonous political climate.  I could share your hope that the comments represent such a fringe from the fact that the op-ed pieces themselves said "it all" for the remaining, hopefully majority percentage of readers, and no further comment was needed.
        Yes, pretty infuriating.
        George

            Posted by: "Lloyd Miller" lloyd.miller@...
            Date: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:46 pm ((PDT))