Re: Interesting Inside Higher Ed Blog post

  • George Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , May 14, 2010
      German professor Brown frames college teaching in a light similar to the Wall Street mess. While it's true that the same kinds of inequities and devalued work are becoming more typical of any workplace, focusing on higher ed is a good thing.  I've never seen a situation where adjunct faculty/"part-timers" had no library access -- although in my current "special position" students themselves have extremely inadequate library access.  It's also true that I couldn't be teaching if I were not also receiving an almost-livable pension, and if I were not doddering and old enough to be receiving that pension.
      Admin salaries up; professor salaries down. What function does higher ed serve if not something somewhat professorial?  Good website.

      Interesting Inside Higher Ed Blog post
          Posted by: "akcahoon" akcahoon@... akcahoon
          Date: Thu May 13, 2010 10:20 am ((PDT))

      HI Everyone!

      I know the semester is wrapping up for most people, but I read this blog post and felt compelled to pass it along.  I hope you have the time to spend a few minutes reading it.

      http://www.insidehighered.com/views/2010/05/11/brown

      Have a great summer!

      Autumn