FW: Society in India - One Recent Title (fwd)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2000
      FW: Society in India - One Recent Title (fwd)

      Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:39:13 +0500
      From: kkagencies <kkagen@...>
      Subject: Society in India - One Recent Title

      Here is an enduring work, just published, which could be of interest to you.

      We have a **special discounted price shown in our offer against 'Your
      Price' applicable on all orders reaching us till 30 September 2000**. Also,
      we _make all shipments by registered AIRMAIL with no additional charges_.
      You may give a reference to this bulletin while ordering. For ordering
      details please refer at the end.

      Ahuja, Ram,
      Society in India : Concepts, Theories and Changing Trends / Ram Ahuja.  1st
      ed. Jaipur, Rawat Publications.  1999.  xii, 504 p. 23 cm.
      List Price: $ 43.30     Your Price: $ 39
      ISBN: 8170335448                KK-10114

      Indian Society has been analysed with different perspectives such as
      religio-philosophical, historico-political, Marxian and so on. On the one
      hand, these perspectives have greatly strengthened theoretical foundations
      of analysis and on the other hand, the creative thinkers have presented new
      approaches to understanding utilitarianism, income-egalitarianism, welfare-
      egalitarianism, libertarianism, etc. The unorthodox way of looking at the
      problems in our society by Indian philosophers and radical writers, as
      different from western scholars, has shed a new light on the current
      concerns. Today, Indian society is no longer perceived as a traditional
      society. Rather, it is now viewed as a modern society. But changes brought
      about by various planned measures also have negative consequences. This
      requires evaluation of social issues both in the existing and emerging
      societies. Rich in empirical data and theoretical analyses, the present
      work is an endeavour to understand the dynamics of various aspects of
      Indian society.

      1. Historical Moorings of the Indian Society
      2. Social Stratification
      3. Scheduled Castes, Untouchability and Backward Classes
      4. Family, Marriage and Kinship
      5. Economic System
      6. Political System
      7. Educational System
      8. Religion
      9. Tribal Society
      10. Rural Social System
      11. Urban Social Organisation
      12. Population Dynamics
      13. Corruption
      14. Black Money
      15. Smuggling
      16. Social Change and Modernisation

      Ram Ahuja retired as Professor of Sociology from the University of
      Rajasthan, in 1988 after rendering his services for more than three
      decades. He was awarded a gold medal by Calcutta University in 1999.

      Price indicated is in US dollars.

      Libraries & institutions may straight raise their purchase orders thru our
      website, e-mail, fax or post and pay routinely after receipt of materials &
      their corresponding invoices.

      Individual orders may be pre-paid conveniently thru their personal checks
      drawn in US dollars (or any other equivalent currency) favouring
      <K.K.AGENCIES> and while so doing kindly put title/s together, so that a
      one time order totals upto US $ 20.

      Our comprehensive catalog can be browsed at <www.kkagencies.com>.

      We at KK are dedicated to making your experience with us more enjoyable and

      With kind regards,

      K. R. Mittal                              E-mail: kkagen@...
      K. K. Agencies                                    info@...
      Online Store of Indian Publications       Website: www.kkagencies.com
      H-12 Bali Nagar                           Fax: (+0091/11)5412716
      New Delhi-110015 / India                  Phone: (+0091/11)5465925