Something different

  • Lynch, Brian M
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2010
      I wanted to share a set of tools that might give someone some creative ideas...

      A month or so ago I wanted to poll students in my online and on-ground class, to elicit some responses to a few prompt questions. So I used Google docs, and created a set of questions in a form, that then automatically created a spreadsheet in docs. I forwarded the link to my class, and waited for the responses. Once they were in, I imported the full set of responses into a new MS Access table. From there, I used a Powerpoint plugin from the following site, that automatically converts the data from Access into a formatted set of Powerpoint slides. I can then use that slideshow to show participants their collective responses, use these as part of a discussion around the topic of the survey etc.

      The Access to Powerpoint link itself could have other interesting uses. If anyone uses this I'd love to hear what you have done with it.

      Here is the link to the free Access to Powerpoint converter:
      http://www.indezine.com/products/powerpoint/cool/accessinpowerpoint.html

      Brian