RE: Need More Assistance -- Trying to Register Online

  • Gilliland, Mary
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 27, 2010
      Never mind. I figured it out. What I did is to correct this is not explainable, but it seemed to work. MK
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 28, 2010
        Hi Mary, The problem I had was two of my speakers were already giving papers so it would not let me list them again. I remember solcving this by making them discussants. You will just have to see what the AAA staff say you have to do. Just remember it is not the staff who make the rules. Cheers wish I were going to be there.

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 28, 2010
          Yes, George is right, you simply put speakers in as 'discussants' and they are allowed to do 2 events, just not 2 as speakers or papers. maybe discussants do not have to be AAA members?

          Mark Lewine

          Hi Mary, The problem I had was two of my speakers were already giving papers so it would not let me list them again. I remember solcving this by making them discussants. You will just have to see what the AAA staff say you have to do. Just remember it is not the staff who make the rules. Cheers wish I were going to be there.
          On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 11:19:50 -0700
          "Gilliland, Mary" <mkgilliland@...> wrote:
          > I need more help from those of you who have experience.
          >
          > I got online to register the 5-field session. I entered my name, and indicated it was a volunteered session. I entered Becky Stein-Frankle's e-mail address as the Program Chair for our organization, who will affirm that this is indeed an invited session. Is this correct so far? I then went on to try to enter the abstract and panelists. All fine, till selecting the panelists. They are all registered now (paid), but when I click on them to add them to the session profile, absolutely nothing happens. I cannot get the names to transfer onto the list, and I cannot move on and save anything as the site keeps telling me that I don't have my panelists selected. Aaargh.
          >
          > I need assistance from someone who has been there, and knows how to do this. Do I need to have Becky confirm that we are an invited session before moving forward (except that even that portion isn't saved without everything entered)?
          >
          > I e-mailed AAA to inquire as well.
          >
          > Mary Kay

        • Gilliland, Mary
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 28, 2010
            Thanks Rob. This could be the issue... I'll double check.
            Mary Kay
            "Gilliland, Mary" <mkgilliland@...<mailto:mkgilliland%40pima.edu>> wrote:
            > I need more help from those of you who have experience.
            >
            > I got online to register the 5-field session. I entered my name, and indicated it was a volunteered session. I entered Becky Stein-Frankle's e-mail address as the Program Chair for our organization, who will affirm that this is indeed an invited session. Is this correct so far? I then went on to try to enter the abstract and panelists. All fine, till selecting the panelists. They are all registered now (paid), but when I click on them to add them to the session profile, absolutely nothing happens. I cannot get the names to transfer onto the list, and I cannot move on and save anything as the site keeps telling me that I don't have my panelists selected. Aaargh.
            >
            > I need assistance from someone who has been there, and knows how to do this. Do I need to have Becky confirm that we are an invited session before moving forward (except that even that portion isn't saved without everything entered)?
            >
            > I e-mailed AAA to inquire as well.
            >
            > Mary Kay
          • Gilliland, Mary
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 28, 2010
              Mark: Thank you for the advice. I"ll give all this a try. I thought I sorted it out, but still some glitches. I'm plugging away. All this is a learning experience, along with TWITTER, and I send my public thanks to Bob Muckle and Laura Gonzalez for the inspiration to join. I am not as active, and won't be, but now I can read all their tweets, which is really great.

              MK

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 29, 2010
                What is important is that titles of the papers are published. If just names for discussants, we may not get many people.