Re: [SACC-L] Re: FW: The Darwin Awards - I'm beating you to it!

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 9, 2010
      I think Ashley Montagu explained it years ago in his book, "The Natural Superiority of Women," but you know, Dorothy, we just don't like to talk about that publicly :).

      Lloyd

    • Lynch, Brian M
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 9, 2010
        Some times I wonder if all these scenarios actually happened. For
        example, do a google search on "Darwin Award ice fishing dynamite," and
        read about that example. Could someone actually be that.... lacking in
        foresight should I say?

        Brian

> [...]

        > a Seattle street, he got much more than he bargained for.. Police
        arrived
        > at the scene to find a very sick man curled up next to a motor home
        near
        > spilled sewage. A police spokesman said that the man admitted to
        trying to
        > steal gasoline, but he plugged his siphon hose into the motor home's
        > sewage tank by mistake. The owner of the vehicle declined to press
        charges
        > saying that it was the best laugh he'd ever had.
        > >

        > > In the interest of bettering mankind, please share these with
        friends
        > and family....unless of course one of these individuals by chance is a

        > distant relative or long lost friend. In that case, be glad they are
        > distant and hope they remain lost.
        > >

        > > *** Remember.... They walk among us!!!***

        Groups Links
      • Melvin Johnson
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 11, 2010
          Greetings everyone-it looks that I will not be able to join you in San
          Francisco unless something really fantastic happens between now and then,
          you never know, maybe I'll get a job interview in northern California about
          the same time. Anyway, I have completed 18 job applications (and even got
          one rejection-the HR person was extremely rude, so it's okay). What fun,
          each one of the applications is sort of like an extreme case of
          constipation, sorry for the analogy. I have about 12 more to do before the
          end of February, and I have not even looked in the states of California,
          Texas, Florida, Oregon, and Washington. So I am sure there is something out
          there for me. If any of you are aware of visiting lectureships in your area
          let me know, I personally think teaching in a place for 9-12 months would be
          great and then move on. One does not have to get too involved in academic
          politics which as you know can be very exhausting. Actually, Leatha and I
          would like to travel around North America some more. Anyway, if I do not
          see you have a fun, I know you will and be safe.

          BTW-I am currently reviewing a prospectus for the hotel in Omaha, it looks
          that the meeting will be the week of April 6th. The hotel is the Embassy
          Suites in the Old Market area near the river front, and there is a
          possibility that we will be visiting the Omaha and Winnebago Reservations
          (if I can work out the logistics of that) and have dinner in Elephant Hall
          at the Nebraska State Museum on our last night. I am hoping to keep the
          registration fee the same (no increase) and I have a line on book company,
          two keynote speakers, and possibly an appropriate souvenir (sorry-it won't
          be offensive). I am trying to get as much done as possible this spring as
          we will be moving (hopefully).

          Take care,

          Melvin A. Johnson