RE: [SACC-L] Spanish language help?

  • Bennett, Beverly
    Message 1 of 2 , May 18 8:28 AM
      The word is "cuy", which means guinea pig. Glad to see that this will be
      added!

      Beverly Bennett

    • shep jenks
      Message 2 of 2 , May 19 12:39 PM
        Hi Dianne,
        Although I can't help you with translating the Spanish phrase, I use this film in my Anthropology of Drugs course and am familiar with the ethnography. Douglas Sharon is the anthropologist and he is with the San Diego Museum of Man. He outlines Eduardo's work in the article "The San Pedro Cactus in Peruvian Folk Healing" contained in Peter Furst's (ed) " The Flesh of the Gods: The Ritual Use of Hallucinogens." (1990, Waveland Press: Prospect Heights, IL)
        I hope this helps!

        Shep Jenks