Re: [SACC-L] Haiti

  • Ann Bragdon
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 14, 2010
      Partners In Health is an organization that has been doing great work
      in Haiti for many years.
      It is an organization you can rely upon to direct any relief
      assistance in a way that is most beneficial to the people of Haiti.

      You can donate at:
      http://www.pih.org/home.html

      On Jan 14, 2010, at 12:04 AM, Bob Muckle wrote:

      > From anthropologist Barbara Miller's blog, on why Haiti is so poor http://anthropologyworks.com/?p=1070
      >
      > Bob

    • Kip Waldo
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 14, 2010
        There are a lot of good agencies - from what I have heard from people who are connected, little is coordinated.

        The NYTimes has some good multimedia features on their page. Also some good commentary by by Tracy Kidder <http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/14/opinion/14kidder.html?ref=opinion> and Peter Hallward <http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/jan/13/our-role-in-haitis-plight>

        kip

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 14, 2010
          Ann, thanks for this information. PIH is certainly an impressive organization and Tracy Kidder's op ed piece (though not disinterested) is most persuasive.
          Lloyd