Re: [SACC-L] Haiti

  • Kent Morris
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 13, 2010
      very interesting...
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Bob Muckle" <bmuckle@...>
      To: <SACC-L@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 10:04 PM
      Subject: [SACC-L] Haiti

      > From anthropologist Barbara Miller's blog, on why Haiti is so poor
      > http://anthropologyworks.com/?p=1070
      >
      > Bob

      > Groups Links

      > signature database 4769 (20100113) __________

      > http://www.eset.com

      __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4769 (20100113) __________

      http://www.eset.com
    • Ann Bragdon
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 14, 2010
        Partners In Health is an organization that has been doing great work
        in Haiti for many years.
        It is an organization you can rely upon to direct any relief
        assistance in a way that is most beneficial to the people of Haiti.

        You can donate at:
        http://www.pih.org/home.html

        On Jan 14, 2010, at 12:04 AM, Bob Muckle wrote:

        > From anthropologist Barbara Miller's blog, on why Haiti is so poor http://anthropologyworks.com/?p=1070
        >
        > Bob

      • Kip Waldo
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 14, 2010
          There are a lot of good agencies - from what I have heard from people who are connected, little is coordinated.

          The NYTimes has some good multimedia features on their page. Also some good commentary by by Tracy Kidder <http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/14/opinion/14kidder.html?ref=opinion> and Peter Hallward <http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/jan/13/our-role-in-haitis-plight>

          kip

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 14, 2010
            Ann, thanks for this information. PIH is certainly an impressive organization and Tracy Kidder's op ed piece (though not disinterested) is most persuasive.
            Lloyd