Diane Wilhelm's passing

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2010
      Dear Colleagues,

      Former SACC President, Assistant Editor of SACC Notes and long-time SACC member Diane Wilhelm passed away January 5. Her son, Dan, asked that I forward this email to our membership.

      Lloyd

      Friends,

      Please forgive the impersonal nature of a group email, but I wanted to let you know that my mother, Diane Zior Wilhelm, died on Tuesday evening at the age of 71. It is a sad event because she will be greatly missed but she is finally beyond the trials and indignities of a terrible disease. Moreover, she was able to die at home in peace with family and loved ones at hand. Many of you have been good and faithful friends, giving liberally of your love, support and concern during the two years of this illness. For that, my mother was, and her family remains, profoundly grateful.

      For those who are interested in arrangements, they are as follows: There will be a wake on Monday, January 11th, from 2:00 to 4:00and 7:00 to 9:00 p.m., at the Carmona-Bolen Funeral Home, 412 Main Street, Toms River, New Jersey (directions athttp://carmonabolenfh.com/tomsriver/index.htm). A memorial service will be held on Tuesday, January 12th, at 9:00 a.m., at the Ocean County Artists´┐Ż Guild, 22 Chestnut Avenue, Island Heights, New Jersey (directions athttp://www.ocartistsguild.org/contact.html). In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Ocean County Artists' Guild, P.O. Box 1156, Island Heights, NJ 08732. Needless to say, all are invited to participate in whatever way seems most appropriate but no one should feel an obligation to travel or contribute.

      Warmly,

      Dan

      Daniel F. Wilhelm | Vice President & Chief Program Officer
      Vera Institute of Justice
      233 Broadway - 12th Floor
      New York, NY 10279-1299
      T: (212) 376-3073