FW: [SACC-L] message for Chuck Ellenbaum

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2009
      From: Deborah Shepherd
      Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2009 10:31 PM
      To: Lloyd Miller
      Subject: RE: [SACC-L] message for Chuck Ellenbaum

      In my experience, very few legitimate emails get blocked on internet server accounts, but you do need a personal email address in the first place (at least I think you still do) in order to open any of those free accounts. However, you can use your mchsi email to do it. I have a gmail account, and my stepdaughter frequently uses both yahoo and hotmail accounts for different purposes. These accounts are both handy and reliable these days. The massive spam problems have been cured, and the mailbox sizes are much larger than they used to be.

      I have never filled out a form for preapproval, nor have I been asked to. That just seems wrong. Why would an administrator need that? How can they administrate properly? It almost seems like someone is phishing illegally for information.

      By the way, did you create a yahoo account when you signed up for SACC-L? If you did, then you already have your own yahoo email address. However, I think some of us who joined early were added to the SACC-L membership by the moderator without any personal email identity being created. In other words, you are linked to SACC-L directly, via your mchsi email. So, do you remember signing up on your own, or asking the moderator to add you?

      Deborah

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 7, 2009