RE: [SACC-L] AAA twitter

  • Laura Gonzalez
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2009
      It'll almost be like I'm there! Plus snarky Muckle commentary. I think it
      will actually be better than being there.

      Will miss you all - have fun. Don't eat any good food though, because then
      I'll be jealous. All mediocre food, got it?

      Laura

      From: SACC-L@yahoogroups. <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com> com
      <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 8, 2009
        Bob, would love to read your twitter. Couldn't access at site below. Ann

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 8, 2009
          I just put together a Bob Muckle widget now posted in the SACC-L blog.
          It aggregates all tweets that are from Bob (at the AAA 09 meetings and
          beyond) as well as other tweets containing his name.

          Brian

          http://ccanthro.blogspot.com/2009/12/bob-muckle-at-large-aaa-09-and-beyo
          nd.html

          Bob, would love to read your twitter. Couldn't access at site below. Ann

          For those interested in this kind of thing, I will be tweeting on
          Twitter from the AAA meetings, about the AAA meetings. I think.

          You do not have to join Twitter to see what I have to say.

          http://twitter.com/bobmuckle

        • Lynch, Brian M
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 8, 2009
            Darn! That last link won't work unless you get the whole thing into your URL window.

            Here is a shortened version of the link to the SACC-L blog (SACCommentary) where the Tweets are aggregated in a widget: http://tinyurl.com/ydd6kmn

            Brian

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 17, 2011
              For those who are interested in these kinds of things, there is lots of tweeting from the AAA meetings, including those of Laura Gonzalez tweeting about the SACC session on teaching evolution. They are much appreciated.

              Twitter is an excellent way to keep up with the AAA without being there. I have also been following minute by minute sessions on science in anthropology (begin tweeted by John Hawkes).

              (But Laura, there seems to be some inconsistency with the hashtags).

              Bob
            • Laura Gonzalez
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 17, 2011
                Thanks Bob. I went back through and checked the hashtags, and they all seem
                to be #SACC_L on my end. Wonder what's happening. Maybe it's the translation
                into Montreal Francais? (jk)

                To follow AAA Montreal tweets from many different meeting attendees, search
                for #AAA2011.

                Laura

                _____