Darwin and King Kong

  • Bob Muckle
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2009
      One of the ways I use Twitter is as a news aggregator or feed and yesterday, being the 150th anniversary of the release of Darwin's "On the Origin of Species" I was receiving quite a few links to news stories related to that.

      One story that appeared in various forms was about the sale of a copy of a first edition of "On the Origin of Species" for about $170,000. Within a few minutes another story appeared on my Twitter account that was also about the sale of some memorabilia. This other story was about the fact that a model of King Kong for the 1933 movies sold for more than $200,000.

      I'm still trying to get my head around that.

      By the way, the first edition that just sold for more than $170,000 was discovered in the guest bathroom of a house in the U.K.
      Nice bathroom reading.