Re: [SACC-L] Teacher and Student Awards: Deadline Jan 8

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18, 2009
      May I suggest that our California members and others within easy transport to the SACC meeting take the time to nominate a deserving student. Mallory Haas, our winner last year, is now getting an internship with Peter Dunham of CSU anthropology Dept. and of outstanding work in Belize on Mayan urban archaeology and political anthropology. (major recipient of support from National Geographic) She has been accepted also for Honors support and is up for a Presidential scholarship, all due to the special work she did for us at our college and recognized by SACC last year.