FW: Anthropology Review Database (ARD)

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12 12:26 PM
      From: J Martin [SMTP:hjm2@...]
      <mailto:[SMTP:hjm2@...]>
      Sent: Sunday, April 11, 1999 6:56 PM
      To: ANTHRO-L@...
      <mailto:ANTHRO-L@...>
      Subject: Anthropology Review Database (ARD)

      Here's a reminder for you all:
      The Anthropology Review Database (ARD) at
      http://wings.buffalo.edu/anthropology/ARD/
      <http://wings.buffalo.edu/anthropology/ARD/>
      is a good place to go looking for book reviews and books to review.
      And, it is brought to you by the hard work of the people who maintain the
      anthro-l list - plus others who make sure review quality is hig. It surely
      is not too much to say Hugh Jarvis and the people listed below are unsung
      heros for all the _volunteer_ work they do, is it?

      The site is definitely worth bookmarking; why not visit right now?
      Read some reviews? (Purchase a book & say you heard about it at ARD?)
      Apply to review a book? I have several times. Each book was fascinating.
      As for the people "at" ARD:
      Hugh Jarvis <hjarvis@... <mailto:hjarvis@...> >
      (University at Buffalo: Department of Anthropology; School of Information &
      Library Studies)

      Michael S Alvard <alvard@... <mailto:alvard@...> >
      (University at Buffalo: Department of Anthropology)
      Consulting Editor
      Ann McElroy <mcelroy@... <mailto:mcelroy@...> >
      (University at Buffalo: Department of Anthropology)
      Consulting Editor
      Donald K Pollock <dpollock@...
      <mailto:dpollock@...> > (University at Buffalo: Department of
      Anthropology)
      Consulting Editor
      Ezra Zubrow <zubrow@... <mailto:zubrow@...> >
      (University at Buffalo: Department of Anthropology)
      Consulting Editor
      John O Floyd <jof@... <mailto:jof@...> >
      (University at Buffalo: Department of Anthropology)
      Associate Editor
      D. Seth Murray <dsmurray@... <mailto:dsmurray@...> >
      (University at Buffalo: Department of Anthropology)
      Associate Editor - Publisher Liaison
      Jennifer Coe <jlcoe@... <mailto:jlcoe@...> >
      (University at Buffalo: Department of Anthropology)
      Assistant Editor - Research & Acquisitions
      Anita Cohen-Williams <sdpresidio@...
      <mailto:sdpresidio@...> > (San Diego, CA, USA)
      Associate Co-Editor - Marketing
      Patrick Daly <patrick.daly@...
      <mailto:patrick.daly@...> > (Oxford University, UK)
      Assistant Editor - Research & Development
      John A. Giacobbe <Catalinus@... <mailto:Catalinus@...> >
      (Environmental Management Division, Stantec Consulting, Phoenix, AZ, USA)
      Associate Co-Editor - Marketing
      Peter Hoeman <hoeman@... <mailto:hoeman@...> >
      (University at Buffalo: Department of Anthropology)
      Associate Editor - Production

      Editorial Review Board: (names are linked to Web homepages & ARD bios where
      available)
      Nick Adams <nickadam@... <mailto:nickadam@...> >
      (Adams Heritage Consultants, Canada)
      Editor for Multimedia Software

      Ray Bucko, S.J. <bucko@... <mailto:bucko@...> >
      (Dept. Sociology and Anthropology, Le Moyne College)
      Editor for Ethnohistory
      Anita Cohen-Williams <sdpresidio@...
      <mailto:sdpresidio@...> > (Automobile Club of Southern California
      Corporate Library)
      Editor for Historical and Marine Archaeology
      Yvonne Dion-Buffalo (c/o <jmohawk@... <mailto:jmohawk@...> >)
      (University at Buffalo: Women's Studies)
      Co-Editor for Native American Cultures
      Robert Ehrenreich <rehrenre@... <mailto:rehrenre@...> >
      (US Holocaust Memorial Museum: University Program for the Center for
      Advanced Holocaust Studies)
      Editor for Archaeometry
      Gary Heathcote <zinjman@... <mailto:zinjman@...> >
      (University of Guam: Anthropology Resource & Research Center)
      Editor for Physical Anthropology
      Jane M. Henrici <henrici@...
      <mailto:henrici@...> > (University of Texas at Austin)
      Editor for Social/Cultural Anthropology
      Ann McElroy <mcelroy@... <mailto:mcelroy@...> >
      (University at Buffalo: Anthropology Department)
      Editor for Medical Anthropology
      John C. Mohawk <jmohawk@... <mailto:jmohawk@...> > (University at
      Buffalo: Native American Studies)
      Co-Editor for Native American Cultures
      Peter Ninnes <pninnes@... <mailto:pninnes@...> >
      (University of New England, Australia: Department of Education Studies)
      Editor for Educational Anthropology
      Barbara Nowak <b.s.nowak@... <mailto:b.s.nowak@...> >
      (Massey University, NZ: Institute of Development Studies)
      Editor for Gender Studies
      Victoria M. Razak <vrazak@... <mailto:vrazak@...>
      > (University at Buffalo: Anthropology Department)
      Editor for Anthropology & the Arts
      Robert Sanford <rsanford@... <mailto:rsanford@...> >
      (University of Southern Maine: Environmental Science & Policy Program)
      Editor for Environmental Science & Policy
      Irwin Scollar <al001@...-Koeln.DE
      <mailto:al001@...-Koeln.DE> > (Unkelbach Valley Software Works,
      Remagen, Germany)
      Editor for Mathematics, Statistics, and Computing
      Ezra Zubrow <zubrow@... <mailto:zubrow@...> >
      (University at Buffalo: Anthropology Department)
      Editor for General Archaeology, Geography, & Demography

      Regards,

      Jim Martin

      <mailto:LISTSERV@...> . <<<<<<