Re: [SACC-L] reptilian extraterrestrials

  • anthropmor@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2009
      In a message dated 11/2/2009 9:58:30 A.M. Central Standard Time,
      bmuckle@... writes:

      rtificially altered by reptialian extraterrestrials? As if that isn't
      scary enough, he claims these reptilian extraterrestrials bred humans as
      servants, and they (the reptilian extraterrestrials) are still among us today.

      I saw this on an episode of Star Trek ; Voyager.
      The crew catches up with intelligent reptilian aliens, who have the
      closest DNA to Voyagers crew- that is, they came from earth.
      So sad, really that apparently the ratings were so low on that show
      that scripts can be re-written and submitted for NSF grants.
      ;-)
      Mike Pavlik

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2009
        Now I understand the meaning behind Bob Dylan's conversion and his song, "Everybody Has to Serve Somebody"...so, after Revelations, we get the Rising of the Reptile? Wow, let me look up my Nostradamus...
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 3, 2009
          This has GOT to be a publicity stunt for the series V.

          The first thing the visitors did way back in the first miniseries was to
          round up and imprison all of the Physical Anthropologists.

          Ann Popplestone

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 3, 2009
            Hmmm...bet Yale is proud to have their name associated with this guy!

            Monica Bellas

            Cerritos College

            Norwalk, CA

            To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
              I sincerely suggest that this man see a doctor and report having delusions. There are medical reasons for this kind of behavior.

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
                Something's fishy about this story. My husband Bill just told me that this sounds just like the plot of the original miniseries "V" that ran in the 80s, and that is being remade into a new series. It started last night, but we didn't see it. Too bad!
                Linda

                ________________________________

                ____________ _________ _________ __

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
                  Well, that's interesting. But the bizarreness of an Ivy League professor going batty reminded me of another case, probably from the 1970s, of a former Harvard biologist who decided he could identify who the first people in the Americas were. Can't remember any of it now except that it had something to do with copper!
                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
                    It's an epidemic; must be the rare air at the Ivies. Barry Fell was
                    another one (or maybe he is the one that Deborah is speaking of).
                    Professor of Invertebrate Biology at Harvard who decided he could
                    decipher Celtic inscriptions on various stone structures --- mostly in
                    the North East. He decided that many marks on what most archeologists
                    considered lintel stones and root cellars were Ogham (Ogam) inscriptions
                    left by ancient wayfarers.

                    He dug up a lot of artifacts, but the problem was that there was no
                    systematic study of the locations, depths, soil conditions --- in other
                    words, he proceeded as thought there were no science to the recovery and
                    study of ancient artifacts. Just pick it up; if it looks as though it
                    will support your idea, then throw it in the truck; otherwise drop it in
                    the trash.

                    I had the interesting experience of attending an "Ancient America"
                    conference that Fell and one of his minions put on in Vermont when I was
                    started graduate school. It was just after my wife had taken a course
                    with the Historian who thought Fell was the Bee's knees; of course HE
                    was not an archeologist either.

                    To her credit, the state archeologist made an appearance at the
                    conference, gave a real archeology paper, and showed that every single
                    site identified by Fell and his followers and investigated by her
                    department showed that the construction, location, orientation, and
                    associated artifact pointed to colonial-era settlements that had since
                    been abandoned.

                    However, Fell and company did not let the evidence stand in the way of a
                    good story.

                    Anj

                    Deborah Shepherd wrote:
                    > Well, that's interesting. But the bizarreness of an Ivy League professor going batty reminded me of another case, probably from the 1970s, of a former Harvard biologist who decided he could identify who the first people in the Americas were. Can't remember any of it now except that it had something to do with copper!
                    > ________________________________

                    Andrew J Petto, PhD
                    Senior Lecturer
                    Department of Biological Sciences
                    University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
                    PO Box 413
                    Milwaukee WI 53201-0413
                    414.229.6784
                    fax: 414.229.3926
                    ajpetto@...
                    http://www.uwm.edu/Dept/Biology/Docs/Faculty/ajpetto.html

                    -- Pat Conroy
                    The Prince of Tides
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
                      Yup. That's him. Barry Fell. I forgot about the Ogham part (wanted to forget).

                      ajpetto@...<mailto:ajpetto%40uwm.edu>