reptilian extraterrestrials

  • Bob Muckle
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2009
      Did you hear about the former CSU anthropology professor who taught physical anthropology, with a Ph.D from Yale, who is now suggesting that human evolution has been artificially altered by reptialian extraterrestrials? As if that isn't scary enough, he claims these reptilian extraterrestrials bred humans as servants, and they (the reptilian extraterrestrials) are still among us today.

      I'm sure feeling silly now, especially about my excitement a few years ago about the discovery of those little people on Flores, and the recent reports on the opposable toes of Ardipithecus.

      Shouldn't someone be writing a song about these reptilian extraterrestrials, and putting it on youtube?

      http://www.collegian.com/home/index.cfm?event=displayArticle&uStory_id=f6a4be5f-6858-4557-8ef0-c5b9e42af680

      Bob
    • anthropmor@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2009
        In a message dated 11/2/2009 9:58:30 A.M. Central Standard Time,
        bmuckle@... writes:

        rtificially altered by reptialian extraterrestrials? As if that isn't
        scary enough, he claims these reptilian extraterrestrials bred humans as
        servants, and they (the reptilian extraterrestrials) are still among us today.

        I saw this on an episode of Star Trek ; Voyager.
        The crew catches up with intelligent reptilian aliens, who have the
        closest DNA to Voyagers crew- that is, they came from earth.
        So sad, really that apparently the ratings were so low on that show
        that scripts can be re-written and submitted for NSF grants.
        ;-)
        Mike Pavlik

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 3, 2009
            This has GOT to be a publicity stunt for the series V.

            The first thing the visitors did way back in the first miniseries was to
            round up and imprison all of the Physical Anthropologists.

            Ann Popplestone

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 3, 2009
              Hmmm...bet Yale is proud to have their name associated with this guy!

              Monica Bellas

              Cerritos College

              Norwalk, CA

              To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
                I sincerely suggest that this man see a doctor and report having delusions. There are medical reasons for this kind of behavior.

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
                  Something's fishy about this story. My husband Bill just told me that this sounds just like the plot of the original miniseries "V" that ran in the 80s, and that is being remade into a new series. It started last night, but we didn't see it. Too bad!
                  Linda

                  ________________________________

                  ____________ _________ _________ __

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
                    Well, that's interesting. But the bizarreness of an Ivy League professor going batty reminded me of another case, probably from the 1970s, of a former Harvard biologist who decided he could identify who the first people in the Americas were. Can't remember any of it now except that it had something to do with copper!
                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
                      It's an epidemic; must be the rare air at the Ivies. Barry Fell was
                      another one (or maybe he is the one that Deborah is speaking of).
                      Professor of Invertebrate Biology at Harvard who decided he could
                      decipher Celtic inscriptions on various stone structures --- mostly in
                      the North East. He decided that many marks on what most archeologists
                      considered lintel stones and root cellars were Ogham (Ogam) inscriptions
                      left by ancient wayfarers.

                      He dug up a lot of artifacts, but the problem was that there was no
                      systematic study of the locations, depths, soil conditions --- in other
                      words, he proceeded as thought there were no science to the recovery and
                      study of ancient artifacts. Just pick it up; if it looks as though it
                      will support your idea, then throw it in the truck; otherwise drop it in
                      the trash.

                      I had the interesting experience of attending an "Ancient America"
                      conference that Fell and one of his minions put on in Vermont when I was
                      started graduate school. It was just after my wife had taken a course
                      with the Historian who thought Fell was the Bee's knees; of course HE
                      was not an archeologist either.

                      To her credit, the state archeologist made an appearance at the
                      conference, gave a real archeology paper, and showed that every single
                      site identified by Fell and his followers and investigated by her
                      department showed that the construction, location, orientation, and
                      associated artifact pointed to colonial-era settlements that had since
                      been abandoned.

                      However, Fell and company did not let the evidence stand in the way of a
                      good story.

                      Anj

                      Deborah Shepherd wrote:
                      > Well, that's interesting. But the bizarreness of an Ivy League professor going batty reminded me of another case, probably from the 1970s, of a former Harvard biologist who decided he could identify who the first people in the Americas were. Can't remember any of it now except that it had something to do with copper!
                      > ________________________________

                      Andrew J Petto, PhD
                      Senior Lecturer
                      Department of Biological Sciences
                      University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
                      PO Box 413
                      Milwaukee WI 53201-0413
                      414.229.6784
                      fax: 414.229.3926
                      ajpetto@...
                      http://www.uwm.edu/Dept/Biology/Docs/Faculty/ajpetto.html

                      -- Pat Conroy
                      The Prince of Tides
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
                        Yup. That's him. Barry Fell. I forgot about the Ogham part (wanted to forget).

                        ajpetto@...<mailto:ajpetto%40uwm.edu>