This was SACC's hotel

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2000
      This was SACC's hotel

      Looks like we picked a good time to be finished and out of there!

      From the Seattle Times:

      Several groups to investigate fatal shooting

      by Mike Carter, Anne Koch and Susan Gilmore
      Seattle Times staff reporters

      The police officer who fatally shot an armed suspect Wednesday was involved in another, nonfatal shooting incident 12 years ago.

      Tommie Doran, 42, a highly regarded 15-year veteran, was identified yesterday by the Seattle Police Department as the officer who shot and killed David John Walker, 40.

      Walker was waving a knife when officers caught up with him on Taylor Avenue North near John Street Wednesday afternoon. Shortly before, he had fired two shots at a Safeway security officer on Lower Queen Anne after being confronted for allegedly shoplifting. He missed and walked away, and witnesses called police.

      Knowing he was armed with a gun, Doran and other officers from the West Precinct surrounded Walker, their guns drawn, as he walked and skipped along the sidewalk, ignoring repeated commands to stop.

      Finally, when Walker made a sudden move toward an officer, Doran fired a fatal shot to Walker's chest.

      [snip]

      Ann Popplestone
      CCC   TLC