New Social Networking Site for SACC

  • lauratgonzalez
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2009
      In anticipation of the upcoming AAA meetings, and to get us more or less caught up to most of the rest of the hip organizations out there... because we are hip, you know... I've created a new social networking site for SACC on Facebook.

      You can be a fan of our Facebook page by doing a search for The Society for Anthropology in Community Colleges.

      Regarding twitter, it's great to do a search for #SACC_L on twitter and see a whole "twibe" forming there. Brian is doing a lot to get us on the twitter map by adding the #SACC_L hashtag to his tweets, and introducing us to a number of ways to incorporate it into our websites, etc. There are also tweets from Bob, Tad, douglasanth, farquharsen, etc. Very cool!
    • bdlqvcc
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2009
        Thanks, Laura!

        Did a search in facebook and didn't come up with the group yet. Has it been opened yet?

        Brian

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2009
          Hi Brian,

          It's a page, rather than a typical profile, but it should pop up if you search in Facebook. Here's the long and unwieldy URL if you can't find it: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Society-for-Anthropology-in-Community-Colleges/147213847738?v=wall.

          Laura

          --- In SACC-L@yahoogroups.com, "bdlqvcc" <blynch@...> wrote:

          > Thanks, Laura!
          >
          > Did a search in facebook and didn't come up with the group yet. Has it been opened yet?
          >
          > Brian
          >

          > --- In SACC-L@yahoogroups.com, "lauratgonzalez" <ltgonzalez@> wrote:
          > >
          > > In anticipation of the upcoming AAA meetings, and to get us more or less caught up to most of the rest of the hip organizations out there... because we are hip, you know... I've created a new social networking site for SACC on Facebook.
          > >
          > > You can be a fan of our Facebook page by doing a search for The Society for Anthropology in Community Colleges.
          > >
          > > Regarding twitter, it's great to do a search for #SACC_L on twitter and see a whole "twibe" forming there. Brian is doing a lot to get us on the twitter map by adding the #SACC_L hashtag to his tweets, and introducing us to a number of ways to incorporate it into our websites, etc. There are also tweets from Bob, Tad, douglasanth, farquharsen, etc. Very cool!

        • Lynch, Brian M
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 6, 2009
            Thanks Laura,

            I just posted a note on the FaceBook page (about an article on Columbus
            by a colleague here at QVCC). It apparently shows up elsewhere but not
            on the main fan page. Feel free to repost if appropriate. (the author,
            as an aside, is a person who has been doing Native American research in
            the southern New England region for some time now, and at the same time
            is a consummate teacher. She loves the community college environment,
            and it shows in here enthusiastic work. One of those wonderful stories
            that makes the community college such a rich environment in which to
            teach!)

            Brian

            Brian Donohue-Lynch

            Anthropology/Sociology