New Twitter tip

  • bdlqvcc
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2009
      Another useful tool for Twitter use is called "Hootsuite" (hootsuite.com) It gives you a web interface in which you can customize a Twitter window (like the widgets I previously shared in the SACC_L blog). You can in fact create a page that has up to ten such Twitter columns per page, each with a different focus. As well, once you have created one of the individual widgets, you can cut and paste the widget in a webpage, blog, Blackboard page etc.

      So for example, I just created the following html page (very simple code that can be viewed by "showing the source"). It has two side-by-side widgets; one is a twitter search on 'floresiensis' and the other is on the hashtag '#ardi'
      You can actually now just cut and paste that code any where you would like and it will continue to update on those two topics as people continue to share posts (Tweets) in Twitter.

      You can also customize your own Twitter searches and create these widgets for use in class, posts on a blog etc.

      http://www.qvcc.commnet.edu/brian/widgets/

      Brian