RE: [SACC-L] Palaeoanthropology and Ardipithecus

  • Lynch, Brian M
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2009
      Just FYI to Bob, Laura et al among the Twitterers,

      Thanks for appearing in my class today! Just wanted to let you know
      that I am trying on a regular basis to put a variety of tools in front
      of students-for their general use, but also as a way to access current
      thinking etc. in anthro. And one of these tools is the SACC_L widget
      that picks up our tweets. Bob and Laura's abound... but at least a few
      others are now appearing in the mix, and it is giving me a quick way in
      class to demonstrate the resource as well as to bring up examples of
      things that are currently in the news.

      I have also put the widget in my BlackBoard setup so that students can
      see the live Twitter collection as it happens; each time they log in to
      BBoard they are likely to find new Tweets.

      Thanks to all who have become a part of my class (today, in fact)... I
      haven't figured out yet how to work out honoraria for your presence!!
      (Is there an app for that?!)

      Brian

      Brian Donohue-Lynch

      Anthropology/Sociology