FW: At last!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2000
      FW: At last!

      Ann Popplestone
      CCC   TLC

      From:   John McCreery [SMTP:mccreery@...]
      Sent:   Tuesday, April 11, 2000 11:56 PM
      To:     ANTHRO-L@...
      Subject:        At last!

      To all my friends and colleagues here, I am proud to announce the
      publication of
      John L. McCreery (2000) Japanese Consumer Behavior: From Worker Bees to Wary Shoppers. Richmond, Surrey: Curzon and Honolulu: University of Hawaii Press.

      It's my first book, and I must admit to feeling tickled pink. John Sherry,
      an anthropologist who teaches in the Kellogg School of Management at
      Northwestern writes,
      "This book succeeds as ethnohistory, popular culture, and management treatise. It plays to the most compelling of postmodern social scientific concerns as well: reflexivity, and polyvocality. The content, organisation and style are all engaging. Local nuance is supremely well captured, and interpreted effectively in the author's 'wrap-around' treatment."

      Vanity, all is vanity. But sometimes it feels pretty nice.

      John McCreery
      The Word Works, Ltd.
      Tel +81-45-314-9324
      Fax +81-45-316-4409