Presenters at SACC & AAA meetings

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2009
      Dear Colleagues,

      This message is for those who gave presentations at SACC in Tucson
      this spring and those who plan to give presentations at AAA-
      Philadelphia in November.

      As you may know, this fall we're producing a commemorative issue of
      Teaching Anthropology: SACC Notes that will consist entirely of
      articles from past issues. It will be numbered Volume 15, Number 3.
      I invite you to submit your presentations for publication in the
      spring issue, Volume 16, Number 1, submission deadline: January 20,
      2010.

      Following are our publication guidelines:

      Publishing Guidelines for

      Teaching Anthropology: SACC Notes

      · Approximately 2000 to 4000 words. If your paper needs to be
      longer, we will try to include it all if space is available.

      · Style: clear language with a minimum of jargon, writing that
      is comprehensible to educated lay people, like the kinds of articles
      commonly anthologized in such readers as Annual Editions. Some of our
      readers like to duplicate SACC papers for their students in
      introductory level anthropology courses.

      Try to use as little automatic formatting as possible in your
      Microsoft Word document. Indent paragraphs with tab key. Use two
      spaces after periods that end sentences. Follow the American
      Anthropologist reference style for bibliographic citations.
      · Submission: as a Microsoft Word document in an e-mail
      attachment or on a CD by snail mail (Lloyd Miller, 650 48th St., Des
      Moines, IA 50312), hard copy optional.

      Clear line drawings or graphics are acceptable. Please send hard
      copies of them in case they need to be scanned. Unfortunately, we
      cannot print photographs.
      Thank you.

      Sincerely,

      Lloyd Miller (Editor, SACC Notes)