FW: Sacc Board

  • Gilliland, Mary
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9 11:15 AM
      For information - someone (not a SACC person it seems) requested that our Board meeting be changed to Wednesday, and this is what appears online.

      Our Board meeting will be Thursday morning, as originally scheduled, and our Business meeting will be Thursday evening. This will be listed CORRECTLY in the printed program.

      Thanks all.
      Mary Kay

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 9 11:34 AM
        Gilliland, Mary wrote:

        > For information - someone (not a SACC person it seems) requested that
        > our Board meeting be changed to Wednesday, and this is what appears
        > online.
        >
        > Our Board meeting will be Thursday morning, as originally scheduled,
        > and our Business meeting will be Thursday evening. This will be listed
        > CORRECTLY in the printed program.
        >
        > Thanks all.
        > Mary Kay

        This is great news. Thanks Mary for watching out for us. It would be a
        shame if we had a meeting and no one showed up for it......see all of
        you in Philly.....Oh by the way, the AAA has finally decided to sign off
        on our contract for the Spring meeting in San Francisco. It took awhile
        for them to act on it.We will be putting out the info on our web site
        shortly......geo
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 9 12:47 PM
          Great work, Mary...why would anyone want our mtg on Wed.??? a mistake I am sure. Perhaps Mary can check on the 5Fields room and time so that we can make that work to advantage also. Good news also that George can now proceed with the SACC-fest details on the website...my northern Ohio people have been asking about it since they are interested in our fun and helpful group, our education and teaching focus, and the setting of SFrancisco is attractive to them. We should have a great conference, even better than the great impromptu one George put together several years ago.

          Mark Lewine

          _____

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 9 3:08 PM
            I'll check on all our rooms & times, days. Great news about SF George!

            Mary K. Gilliland
            Sent from my iPhone

            On Sep 9, 2009, at 12:48 PM, "Lewine, Mark" <mark.lewine@...<mailto:mark.lewine@...>> wrote:

            Great work, Mary...why would anyone want our mtg on Wed.??? a mistake I am sure. Perhaps Mary can check on the 5Fields room and time so that we can make that work to advantage also. Good news also that George can now proceed with the SACC-fest details on the website...my northern Ohio people have been asking about it since they are interested in our fun and helpful group, our education and teaching focus, and the setting of SFrancisco is attractive to them. We should have a great conference, even better than the great impromptu one George put together several years ago.

            Mark Lewine

            _____

            > For information - someone (not a SACC person it seems) requested that
            > our Board meeting be changed to Wednesday, and this is what appears
            > online.
            >
            > Our Board meeting will be Thursday morning, as originally scheduled,
            > and our Business meeting will be Thursday evening. This will be listed
            > CORRECTLY in the printed program.
            >
            > Thanks all.
            > Mary Kay

          • Nina Brown
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 9 5:51 PM
              Hello everyone,

              I will be teaching an honors cultural anth class next semester and I am
              trying to avoid using a traditional textbook. Does anyone have any
              recommendations for shorter ethnographies that have worked well in a
              cultural intro class, or can you recommend a good "reader" style collection
              of ethnographies similar to the Anthropology for the Nineties series that
              covers a lot of topics?

              I appreciate any tips or words of wisdom,

              Nina