FW: women designers project: women in usa 1900-2000

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 1999
      -----Original Message-----
      From: marsha chuk [SMTP:chukm@...]
      <mailto:[SMTP:chukm@...]>
      Sent: Monday, April 05, 1999 12:27 PM
      To: ANTHRO-L@...
      <mailto:ANTHRO-L@...>
      Subject: women designers project: women in usa 1900-2000
      From: Ella Howard <ella_howard@...
      <mailto:ella_howard@...> >

      Just a note to let everyone know about an exhibition & publishing project we
      are currently working on at the Bard Graduate Center for Studies in the
      Decorative Arts-Women Designers in the USA 1900-2000: Diversity and
      Difference.
      This will include a travelling exhibit opening in 2000 of work by women
      designers working in many media (ceramics, glass, fashion, industrial
      design, textiles, set design, etc.), a book of essays, and (in 2003) a
      biographical dictionary of women designers working in the USA. The project
      director is Pat Kirkham, a British feminist design historian who has worked
      recently on Charles & Ray Eames and the gendering of objects.
      We are currently trying to find more leads to women designers, especially
      Latinas, African American, Native American, and Asian American women-any
      bibliographic tips or contacts would be appreciated.
      Please forward this message to interested friends & students. We are
      en-visioning the Dictionary of Women Designers in particular as an
      opportunity for many graduate students & intersted others to publish short
      pieces.
      For more detailed information, please see my fledgling website-
      http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Museum/3842
      <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Museum/3842>
      or contact me directly.
      Thanks,