RE: [SACC-L] AAA meeting in Philadelphia

  • rls@linkline.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2009
      The link to the entire program isn't there yet, but you can access the links
      (looks like page proofs) for each day separately. For some reason Yahoo
      broke up the link in my email, but if you got to the main AAA site, just
      select "programs and abstracts" from the meetings pull-down menu at the top
      of the page.

      I'm trying to find out when the Board and Business meetings are - does
      anyone else know? I'll let everyone know when I hear back from the AAA.

      Dad -- as for mom's party, I'll email you off the list-serv.. :-)

      --Becky

      _____

      From: rls@linkline. <mailto:rls%40linkline.com> com <rls@linkline.
      <mailto:rls%40linkline.com> com>
      Subject: [SACC-L] AAA meeting in Philadelphia
      To: SACC-L@yahoogroups. <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com> com
      Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 3:56 PM

      Hello, all. I just received the schedule for the SACC sessions during the
      AAA annual meeting in Philadelphia December 2-6 (more info at:
      http://www.aaanet org/meetings/). This is just the SACC sessions. The
      entire program is available at
      http://www.aaanet org/meetings/ program/index. cfm. Just as a reminder, the
      AAA decides on what is scheduled when, not me, and they have been extremely
      resistant to change requests in the past.

      Sessions and Events Accepted and Scheduled

      Society for Anthropology in Community Colleges

      Prog # Title
      Schedule Info

      1-111 Adventures in Distance Ed: A Roundtable Discussion
      12/3/2009 1:45 PM 3:30 PM Grand Ballroom Salon J

      2-124 Five Fields Update
      12/4/2009 1:45 PM 3:30 PM Room 409

      3-109 "We Love It When You...": Educational Techniques for
      Undergraduate Teaching from 12/5/2009 1:45 PM 3:30 PM
      Room 406

      Award-Winning Faculty

      I think this is the second year in a row that we've had three invited
      sessions! Start thinking about sessions for next year (2010 in New
      Orleans).

      --Becky (your friendly neighborhood Program Chair)

    • Gilliland, Mary
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 5, 2009
        I think we asked to schedule the Board and Business meetings back to back on Friday, because other AAA Business meetings are Thursday and Saturday. I'll go back to my notes and double check and let you all know. My recollection is Friday evening something like 4-5 for Board, and 5-6 for Business.

        Mary Kay

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 5, 2009
          Mary Kay, I just received confirmation on the room for the Five Fields.
          Have you not received yours yet?

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 5, 2009
            What we request and what we get are rarely the same thing! Don't mark your
            calendars until we get confirmation from the AAA.

            --Becky

            _____

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 7, 2009
              Dear all:

              I am writing with a huge mea culpa. I had sent a request for our Board and Business meetings in Philadelphia after polling you all on the listserve. I was sure everything went through correctly, but I have now learned that they the person scheduling these meetings did not get my information. It is probably my fault, so I don't want to blame the "system". This is just to let you know we are in the process of getting our date & time set up, and I should be able to get that out to all of you quickly. Carla Fernandez will assist us. Unfortunately we may not be able to get our first request, which was Friday 5-6 and 6-7, but I'll let you all know as soon as I do.

              My apologies to the group - I know this is a big deal.

              Mary Kay