Archaeology Resource

  • mep1mep
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2009
      I am truly sorry if a series of email from me show up in your inbox.  I don't seem to be getting copies of them and I know yahoo mail can be difficult and less than reliable.  I am taking the liberty of trying again.

      A friend of mine just alerted me that there is a new series on PBS called Time Team America.  It just began in early July and I, for one, had not seen it.  The show look well done.  I noticed the support site for it on PBS has many useful clips, etc.  There are some links on my blog for it.

      Pam

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 2009
        I just want to share two recent and short videos available on the web for physical anthropology class. The first is a 16-minute talk with slides by Nina Jablonski, well known for her research on skin color (and featured in the AAA Understanding Race web site).
        "Nina Jablonski breaks the illusion of skin color" (2009)
        http://www.ted.com/talks/nina_jablonski_breaks_the_illusion_of_skin_color.html

        Another 16-minute talk about australopithecine children is given by an Ethiopian paleoanthropologist.
        "Zeresenay Alemseged looks for humanity's roots" (2008)
        http://www.ted.com/talks/zeresenay_alemseged_looks_for_humanity_s_roots.html

      • Elizabeth delaPortilla
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2009
          I used the Zeresenay video this week. It goes over well with intro students and is good in starting a discussion on australopithecines as well as fieldwork.