Fwd: AAA Editorships and Dues - Response from Ellen Lewin and others

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13 7:48 AM
      Here's AAA's response to the section editors' request. The good news
      is that they chose to do something. However, the motion states that
      matching funds for AAA conference registration apply only to those
      journals "currently published on AnthroSource."

      Since AnthroSource is (bottom line) a Wiley-Blackwell, for-profit
      endeavor and they don't publish us, I'm not surprised that they'd be
      reluctant to fund us. Of course, that underscores Mel's recent
      comments to AAA on the $540 annual fee they charge us to archive SACC
      Notes: Is it reasonable or is W-B overcharging us for the service?

      AAA aside, I've always felt that SACC's reimbursement practices (shown
      in the comparative table below) have been most generous.

      Lloyd

      Begin forwarded message: